Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Collection Oddity: Supaboy?

A few years ago I heard that Hyperkin was making a system that would play NES and SNES games on it.  I knew at some point I'd have to get one.  Last year they came out with the Retron 5, sadly I haven't gotten one yet but I have picked up another Hyperkin product.

I picked up the "Supaboy" at a local book store of all places.  This is a portable Super Nintendo that runs off internal batteries (last up to 3 hours on a full charge) and can play SNES and Super Famicom games.

They say it also can be a Super Nintendo system as well with AV cables and ports on the console for 2 player controllers.  Sadly I haven't been able to get the external controllers to work.   That or the ones I have don't work anymore (times have been tough on them).  

Either way this is a great addition to my System collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment