Thursday, March 12, 2015

Collection Oddity: VHS Tapes?

Back when the Donkey Kong came out they had a send away promo where you sent a UPC code and you got a Donkey Kong Promotional tape.  Well my mom sent in for it and we got the tape.  It had a ton of info for the game, what the characters looked like, Tips and Tricks, and even never before seen scenes!
This was awesome for myself because I was use to just Donkey Kong on the NES.   The graphics were awesome.   Well Nintendo did many of these VHS tapes and I only got the Donkey Kong one.  

But since I'm all growndup (yes I know I spelt it wrong, deal with it) I can afford all those VHS tapes I never got. To start my collection I had to get the Zelda: Majora's Mask VHS.  This tape comes with tips for another N64 game, Banjo And Kazooie.  I ended up getting this Tape off Ebay for just $1.99!!



There were other tapes they had on there but those were going for high as $20 a tape.  I know I could afford them but not sure I want to invest that amount into those tapes.  There has to be about 10 tapes out in the wild about the promo games like the Donkey Kong one.   I'm sure over time I'll end up getting all them but until then I'll just hook up my VHS player (yes I still own one) and watch the past happen all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment