Thursday, March 5, 2015

Collection Oddity: The Mystery of the Xbox watch!

So a few years ago my brother, Brad, gave me this Xbox wrist watch/game he found at a garage sale.  I believe he paid about .50 for it.  Not too bad for an odd little game related item.   I placed it on my game shelf not thinking too much about it.
After moving to my new home I finally unpacked everything and the item was on the bottom of the box.   I posted an image of my shelves on a gaming forum site I'm a part of and people started asking some information on the toy.
So I started doing a bit of research for it.  But how the heck do you start looking for info on an item that has no markings, dates, or publications about.   Well from some random image searches I found the information I needed.

This was a promotional game/toy found in kellogg cereals.  There was 5 other games that were given away for the promotion and these you didn't have to email/mail anything in to get them.  Some would say they were the last of the 'prize boxes' you could actually buy.

I've tried to find the rest of the games on ebay and other auction sites but they are selling in the upper $20-$50 range.  I'm one for collecting but not willing to spend that much on them right now.  I did find the one I have is the most expensive one out there.

Proud to say its a great addition to my collection..


No comments:

Post a Comment