Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Collection Oddity: Gold Carts?

A lot of people know what I mean when I say "Gold Cart".   The most common and famous ones are the carts for "The Legend of Zelda" and "The Adventure of Link" for the NES.   Well there are other 'Gold' ones then those.  
I mean gold also as they are golden plastic.  No they aren't 24k.  Over time the plastic does loose its golden shine to it but it can be saved by doing random thing to it.  I sadly don't do any of these tactics to keep mine looking brand new.  I actually like the 'tarnished' look to them.

But what Gold carts do I own?   Well I finally got my hands on a Legend of Zelda but I also have come across another cart that I've only heard about.  I found myself a "Micro machines" for the NES.


This is an interesting one because the cart as you can see from the picture has a reset switch build into the cart.   This was Nintendo way of solving why the carts didn't work.  But we all know its just to clean out the systems tray and it works better. 

The game is a racing game done on small tracks.  By small I do mean 'small'  like table top courses, pool tables, sidewalks, ect.  The game has had much success since the NES game by finding home on the SNES, N64 and the handheld Nintendo systems.  

No comments:

Post a Comment