Thursday, March 12, 2015

Strip Club Review?

I know what your thinking, Brownie your reviewing strip clubs now?   Well, not really.  Just some observations from my trip to another club.

Now keep in mind that I've been in and around clubs for a long time.  Longer then many of the girls I have worked with in the past few years.   I'm not saying I'm an expert on the subject but as many know I've held close to EVERY position in a strip club from Manager to Door man to Bartender to Ect.

Anyways today I decided an adventure to Sportsmen's Lodge Gentlemens Club was going to happen.   I agreed to a trip up to Stanly, WI a month ago but ended up going to the Twin Cities to more popular clubs on my night off.  Tonight I had my co-adventurer with me again.  So I like to think I have both views from a Male and Female perspective.

We arrived to the club only to start our confusion with no indication of what door to enter.  Just a white door with no markings at all.  I asked a gentleman outside if this is the door to enter and his reply "its the one with lights".  yes... yes there are lights all over the place sir.

We walked in and were not even stopped to pay a cover.   According to the facebook page they have they offer free cover till 7pm.  Well we were there near 8pm and no one stopped us.  Ok guess thats a bad on them?  We walked up to the bar and I ordered a beer, my partner ordered a wine.  After 5 mins of them trying to figure out if they sold wine some guy at the bar mumbles "ugh just order a normal drink like everyone else".  I looked this guy over and to my knowledge he must have been either the owner or manager on staff since everyone huddled around him and did as he said.  All this while he was chugging an over poured drink.  

So far we are off to a rocky start.  Lets just see how the ladies greet us.  During the whole trip I didn't let anyone know I work at a club, have worked at a club, or ever been at a club.  One girl... One girl introduced herself to us.  Out of the 3 working (how they run on 3?) one  girl asked how we were doing.  We ran our story of having a night off and going out to check places out.   She said shw ould chat with us later then walked off to some random drunk customer who was falling out of his stool.

We found ourselves a seat between the speakers (blaring music) and sipped out drinks.   My beer was past is date to be sold by a month and my partners wine was not that great as well.
Lets take a step back and talk about the wine, the individual at the bar said the bottle they found was $250 a bottle.  After sniffing and sipping what they gave us I can honestly tell you the bottle was a $12 bottle you can get at most liquor stores.  I know because I have the same bottle in my kitchen.

Anyways we wait for the stage to start up.  A young lady jumps up on stage, spins around the pole, then jumps off.   Amazing!  20 mins later another one jumps up for 3 songs.  Most awkward songs I've ever heard at a club, but OK I guess.   Come to find out the girls choose their own music from a jukebox.

Now I've heard of clubs that run like this.  Girls pay for their own sets and choose their own music.  Many clubs do this so they don't have to pay for licensing usage for DJ's to run their stuff.  Ok I guess but your charging girls a nightly house fee to cover renters fee then charging them to play their own music and making more money off them for that.  Hmm...

Anyways after a while we tried out hand at a pool game.  I find out the pool table is free to everyone since they took the glass off the ball return.... oh boy.  While playing two of the customers (regulars from my guess) begin arguing and making a huge scene in front of everyone.  As a bouncer I grab my back towards my utility knife in case something happens, like I do a lot.  Not even the bouncer stopped this but the girls got in between them.  

We finished our drinks then headed out.  With only One girl to talk to us.   I could count the second one but apparently she had to come up and say the person I was with was very sexy.   Yea sales not working great on that end.  

So whats my final vote about the place?   Well the layout of it is well done.  The lighting and atmosphere looks great.  Sound and presentation of the staff isn't though.  I get and understand that co-workers like to have fun from time to time.  But when someone is sitting at the bar complaining about a drink someone orders and complains about it, then having the staff take longer to find and enter a drink in the system.  This raises a lot of questions about training.
And on to the girls.  If they made and effort to talk to new people that you can tell have never been to the place before, make them feel welcome, and make and effort to be inviting maybe they might make something more.  I always have a rule if your the first to introduce yourself and ask for a dance/drink I'll buy it for you.  It shows you want to make an effort to work and have dedication to your job.  Sure I know dancing can be stressful where ever you are, but make an effort people.  Sell the business and make people want to hang out, have fun, spend money, drink some drinks, and have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment