Friday, January 27, 2012

guitar hero mod? well sort of.

Well people have asked what I've done to mod a guitar hero controller.  I didn't do much to it. 

I did take it apart with a Phillips Head screw driver (amazingly it didn't use a T9 or T8 bit) and pull all the parts out.  I painted the body and neck of the guitar different collors.  The small part on the body just came off easy, it was held by 5 screws (still amazed).

I painted the neck a brown color that looked simmilar to one of my old guitars I owned as a young kid.  And the pegs at the head I used a silver paint pen to fill them in for a more realistic look.
The body was just a gloss black that I had laying around.  And the part on the body I used a dark blue (simmilar to the colors on my halo character).

The buttons got the same dark blue color also.  I do want to try to put little collored LED lights in the buttons that light up when you press them.  I think they'd look cool that way.  I'm a sucker for LED lights in controllers.
So as always here are some pictures.  I do own another guitar that I haven't modded yet, but might some day.





No comments:

Post a Comment